Many of the people in United States dying from CVD disease. CVD is the main reason of death in America. According to the AHA report (2012) death related to CVD disease is decreased by 30.6%. And this is because Medical treatment is partly advances now and cardiovascular technologist is an important member of medical health care team.
Cardiovascular technologist is a person who is responsible for all the diagnosing, monitoring of computer, treating the CVD problems.
Cardiovascular technologist’s work places are:-
- Physician’s offices
- Outpatient health care centers
Role of Cardiovascular technologist is very important in health care. Cardiovascular technologist will generally work for some medical and technical duties. Sometimes Cardiovascular technologist work as caregiver and teacher and they have to explain all procedures to the patients.
Cardiovascular technologist also performs life saving skills in emergency situations.
Most of medical care centers require these two certification.
In the field of Cardiovascular there may be several sub-specialties and several job titles.
- Cardiovascular technologist.
- Cardiovascular technician
- Electrocardiograph technician
- Cardiovascular interventional technician.
- Cardiac catheterization technologist
Two procedure mainly performed by cardiovascular technologist :-
- Non-Invasive Procedures: – In this type of procedure Cardiovascular tech. does not perform any kind of Piercing on patient’s skin. Only sonography of heart, Ultrasound on blood vessels, ECGs and EKGs for measure heart pulse, checking the flow of blood in veins, monitoring the level of blood etc.
- Invasive Procedures: – In this type of procedure cardiovascular tech will perform piercing and breaking through patient’s skin like inserting needle in veins etc. Blood gas test, finding out the blockage in the blood through cardiac catheterization, Angioplasties etc.
Cardiovascular also performs very important role while doing interaction with the patients. Before starting any procedure Cardiovascular tech must ensure that patients is comfortable or not with that particular procedure.
Role of Cardiovascular technologist for patients care:-
- Recording all the diagnose history about the patients and updating all the files according to current records.
- Explain each and every thing about the procedure and answer the entire question regarding to that procedure.
- Shaving that part of body where catheterization is performed, and preparing the mental level of patients for that particular procedure.
- Discussion with other team members.
Cardiovascular technologist’s role is important for diagnosing and fighting against CVD.
Necessary things to become a cardiovascular technologist:-
- You have to be a critical thinker.
- You have the ability to dealing with patients in their scary times.